Work With Us
Connecting Foster & Kinship Carers - SA Inc (CF&KC-SA) is the peak representative body for Foster and Kinship Carers (Carers) in South Australia. The organisation was established over 20 years ago, by Carers for Carers, and aims to improve the lives of children and young people in care by supporting, connecting, informing and advocating for the Carer families with whom they live.
CF&KC-SA proudly provides a statewide Carer Advocacy Service for its over 900 members and the broader Carer community.
About the role
The Senior Advocate will provide professional individual and systemic advocacy and support services aimed at resolving issues and improving the experiences of Foster and Kinship Carer families across South Australia.
The role will be based at Prospect, with intra- and inter-state travel required.
The role is a part time, fixed term contract (0.7 FTE) until 30 June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Senior Advocate will be responsible for leading a responsive Carer Advocacy Service across South Australia under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer including by:
- supervising a team of Foster & Kinship Carer Advocates
- ensuring Foster & Kinship Carers have a voice in matters that affect them and the children and young people in their care
- engaging with the Department for Child Protection and other key stakeholders in systemic advocacy effecting positive change for Carer families
- advocating with and for Foster & Kinship Carers to resolve issues and improve the out-of-home care systems
- overseeing the preparation of written material for Carers involved in disputes, appeals or court related matters
- coordinating Carer Reference Groups
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- relevant tertiary qualifications i.e. Social Work, Law, Allied Health or Community Services
- knowledge of the child protection system and sector
- advocacy experience
- management experience
In addition it is expected that the successful applicant will have:
- A current South Australian drivers licence
- A satisfactory SAPOL National police clearance
- A current Working With Children Check
- Attended Child Safe Environments training in the past 3 years (or be willing to attend) and maintain this training
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence status
- access to a fully maintained, registered and insured motor vehicle
For any enquiries, contact 1800 732 272
Click here to view the Position Description
Applications must include a cover letter (2-page maximum) outlining your experience against the selection criteria and a CV with at least two work related referees.
All applications to be submitted via SEEK
Click here to submit your application
Applications must be received by 9pm Friday 24th July 2020 to be considered.
“Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” (Lady Bird Johnson)